AS/A level English Language
Broad coverage of aspects of language study to meet the interests of all learners
Promotes coherent pedagogical approach to delivering the specification
Opportunities to apply knowledge of language levels across components
Interested in switching to Eduqas? Find out why Eduqas could be the right board for you.
Latest news for GCE English Language
Keep up to date with the latest subject specific news with our latest newsletter, available here
Online Exam Review
Online Exam Review website. Here you will find a collection of interactive units that bring together a number of elements including general data, exam questions, their marking schemes and examiner comments, which will lead you through a review of exam questions.
Inside English Blog
The Inside English Blog will give subject-specific information as well as sharing teaching ideas, details of resources and ways to use them, and reflections from members of our English team.
NEA support materials are now available within the Related Documents area.
- A level English Language Teacher Handbook
- Online Exam Review
- Text Tools Resource
- Inside English Blog
- NATE 2017 – Maggie Gee
- NATE 2016 – Tessa Hadley
- NATE 2015 – Jonathan Edwards and Paul Henry
- NATE 2014 – Owen Sheers and Dannie Abse
- AS level Assessment Grids
- A level Assessment Grids
- Creative and critical writing - Obituaries
- Creative and critical writing - Opinions
- Creative and critical writing - Travel writing
- Creative and critical writing - Explanations
- Creative and critical writing - Reviews
- Original writing and commentary
- AS English Language, Components 1 and 2
- English in the 21st Century - Memes
- English in the 21st Century - Terminology
- English in the 21st Century - Websites
- English in the 21st Century - Text messaging
- English in the 21st Century - Email
- English in the 21st Century - Twitter
- English in the 21st century - Internet dating
- English in the 21st Century - Code switching
- Pragmatics: Teaching and Learning
- Phonetics, Phonology & Prosodics: Teaching & Learning
- Lexis and Semantics: Teaching and Learning
- Grammar: Teaching and Learning
- AS English language: Components 1 and 2
- Language Issues and Concepts
- Thinking about Language
- Standard and non-standard English
- Non-Examination Assessment: Teaching and Learning
- A level English language: Components 1 and 2
- Language change
- A/AS Level Language Variation
- Language and power: Component 1 Section B
- Language & situation across AS/A level English Language Components
- Language Levels targeting AO1, AO2 and AO3
- Concepts Issues - Targeting AO2
- Creative Use of Language - Targeting AO5 and AO3
All Course Materials
We offer a range of materials to support the teaching and learning of this qualification.
Inside English, our English blog
We are pleased to announce the launch of Inside English, our Eduqas English blog covering all qualification...
WJEC Eduqas to sponsor the 2017 NATE Conference
23 -24 June | Nottingham
We are pleased to be sponsoring the National Association for the Teaching ...
English Examiners: There's no better time – just go for it
Cara Salway, one of our examiners for GCSE English describes her experience of examining with us, and ...