GCSE (9-1) English Language
Co-teachability across GCSE English Language and GCSE English Literature with supporting co-teachability resource
Interested in switching to Eduqas? Find out why Eduqas could be the right board for you.
Latest news for GCSE English Language
Make your mark - Become an examiner
Interested in becoming an Examininer or Moderator? Register today
Keep up to date with the latest subject specific news with our latest newsletter, available here.
Online Exam Review
Marked exemplar from the November 2017 examinations can now be downloaded from our Online Exam Review website.
Key Dates 2017-18
View our key dates for English Language
Inside English Blog
The Inside English Blog will give subject-specific information as well as sharing teaching ideas, details of resources and ways to use them, and reflections from members of our English team.
Our GCSE (9-1) English Language specification has been accredited by Ofqual. The specification is available to teach in schools and colleges in England from September 2015.
Here is a list of materials endorsed by WJEC to support the teaching and learning of this qualification.
- Hodder Student Book
- Hodder Teacher Book
- English Language Student eTextbook
- Hodder GCSE English Dynamic Learning Package
- Hodder English Language Whiteboard eTextbook
- Hodder English Language Teaching & Learning Resources
- OUP English Language Student Book 1
- OUP English Language Student Book 2
- OUP Teacher Companion
- Co-teachability support
- GCSE English Language Teacher Handbook
- Teacher ShareSpace
- Inside English Blog
- Exemplar Materials
- Online Exam Review
- 19th and 21st Century Non-Fiction Texts
- 20th Century Reading Resources
- Component 2 Support Materials
- NATE 2017 – Maggie Gee
- NATE 2016 – Tessa Hadley
- NATE 2015 – Jonathan Edwards and Paul Henry
- NATE 2014 – Owen Sheers and Dannie Abse
- Additional resources
- Text Tools Resource
- Literacy Games (KS3 Transition)
- Animal Testing (KS3 Transition)
- The Invisible Man (KS3 Transition)
- Sentence construction (KS3 Transition)
- Approaches to Evaluation (KS3 Transition)
- Approaches to Structure and Characterisation in Short Stories
- Homophones (KS3 transition)
- Year 9 English language assessment sheets and marking schemes (KS3 Transition)
- Year 8 English language assessment sheets and marking schemes (KS3 Transition)
- Year 7 English language assessment sheets and marking schemes (KS3 Transition)
- Approaches to story openings (KS3 Transition)
- GCSE English Language in One Year
- GCSE English Language Component 1 Writing: Approaches and ideas
- GCSE English Language and English Literature: Suggested course plans
- GCSE English Language Component 1 Reading: Approaches and ideas
- GCSE English Language Component 2 Reading: Approaches and ideas
- GCSE English Language Component 2 Writing: Approaches and ideas
- GCSE English Language: Key examination command words
All Course Materials
We offer a range of materials to support the teaching and learning of this qualification.
Inside English, our English blog
We are pleased to announce the launch of Inside English, our Eduqas English blog covering all qualification...
Congratulations to students collecting their GCSE results 2017
Today candidates across England, Wales and Northern Ireland will collect their GCSE results....
Everything you need for GCSE results
We have all the information you need for the upcoming GCSE results, whether you're a student, teacher or an...
Spoken Language Materials
Visit our All course materials page to view our Spoken language Materials.