GCSE (9-1) English Language
Co-teachability across GCSE English Language and GCSE English Literature with supporting co-teachability resource
Interested in switching to Eduqas? Find out why Eduqas could be the right board for you.
Latest news for GCSE English Language
NATE Conference 2017
Key Dates 2017-18
View our key dates for English Language
Co-teachability support This booklet will help teachers deliver WJEC Eduqas GCSE English Language and English Literature as an integrated course.
Our GCSE (9-1) English Language specification has been accredited by Ofqual. The specification is available to teach in schools and colleges in England from September 2015.
Training Courses for Teachers
Book your place on one of our teacher training to learn more about the specification and sample assessment materials including assessment objectives, examination structure and other key areas.
Courses are available all over the UK as well as online.Book now
Here is a list of materials endorsed by WJEC to support the teaching and learning of this qualification.
- Hodder Student Book
- Hodder Teacher Book
- English Language Student eTextbook
- Hodder GCSE English Dynamic Learning Package
- Hodder English Language Whiteboard eTextbook
- Hodder English Language Teaching & Learning Resources
- OUP English Language Student Book 1
- OUP English Language Student Book 2
- OUP Teacher Companion
- Co-teachability support
- GCSE English Language Teacher Handbook
- Teacher ShareSpace
- Exemplar Materials
- 19th and 21st Century Non-Fiction Texts
- 20th Century Reading Resources
- Component 2 Support Materials
- Video: NATE Conference 2017
- Video: NATE Conference 2016
- Video: NATE Conference 2015
- Online Exam Review
- Additional resources
- Text Tools Resource
- Creative Writing: Horror (KS3 Transition)
- Literacy Games (KS3 Transition)
- Animal Testing (KS3 Transition)
- The Invisible Man (KS3 Transition)
- Sentence construction (KS3 Transition)
- Approaches to Evaluation (KS3 Transition)
- Approaches to Structure and Characterisation in Short Stories
- Homophones (KS3 transition)
- Year 9 English language assessment sheets and marking schemes (KS3 Transition)
- Year 8 English language assessment sheets and marking schemes (KS3 Transition)
- Year 7 English language assessment sheets and marking schemes (KS3 Transition)
- Approaches to story openings (KS3 Transition)
- GCSE English Language in One Year
- GCSE English Language Component 1 Writing: Approaches and ideas
- GCSE English Language and English Literature: Suggested course plans
- GCSE English Language Component 1 Reading: Approaches and ideas
- GCSE English Language Component 2 Reading: Approaches and ideas
- GCSE English Language Component 2 Writing: Approaches and ideas
- GCSE English Language: Key examination command words
All Course Materials
We offer a range of materials to support the teaching and learning of this qualification.
Congratulations to students collecting their GCSE results 2017
Today candidates across England, Wales and Northern Ireland will collect their GCSE results....
Everything you need for GCSE results
We have all the information you need for the upcoming GCSE results, whether you're a student, teacher or an...
WJEC Eduqas to sponsor the 2017 NATE Conference
23 -24 June | Nottingham
We are pleased to be sponsoring the National Association for the Teaching ...
Spoken Language Materials
Visit our All course materials page to view our Spoken language Materials.