GCSE (9-1) English Language
Why choose WJEC Eduqas English Language?
Key Dates 2016-17
View our key dates for English Language
Our GCSE (9-1) English Language specification has been accredited by Ofqual. The specification is available to teach in schools and colleges in England from September 2015.
Here is a list of materials endorsed by WJEC to support the teaching and learning of this qualification.
- OUP English Language Student Book 1
- OUP English Language Student Book 2
- OUP Teacher Companion
- Hodder Student Book
- Hodder Textbooks
Here is a list of non-endorsed materials which you may also find beneficial.
- GCSE English Language Teacher Handbook
- Creative Writing: Horror (KS3 Transition)
- 19th and 21st Century Non-Fiction Texts
- 20th Century Reading Resources
- Literacy Games (KS3 Transition)
- Component 2 Support Materials
- Video: NATE Conference 2016
- Video: NATE Conference 2015
- Additional resources
- Ofqual Grade Descriptors for GCSE 9-1 English Language
All Course Materials
We offer a range of materials to support the teaching and learning of this qualification.
WJEC Eduqas to hold seminar at upcoming PiXL English Conference
27 June | London
"Oh Brave New World". The Conference will cover a range of different key stages; ...
WJEC Eduqas to sponsor the 2016 NATE Conference
24-25 June | Stratford-upon-Avon
WJEC Eduqas is pleased to be sponsoring the National Association ...
GCSE English Language Spoken Language Endorsement - guidance for learners with ...
From first teaching in 2015, GCSE (9-1) English Language will have an endorsed component covering Spoken ...
Current WJEC Specification
WJEC continues to provide support and training to all UK schools and colleges teaching our WJEC GCSE English Language specification. This qualification continues to run in England until its final assessment, by which time the WJEC Eduqas qualifications will already be available to schools and colleges.