GCSE (9-1) English Language
Why choose WJEC Eduqas English Language?
GCSE (9-1) Grading
From 2017, reformed GCSEs in England will be graded 9 to 1, find out more about the GCSE 9-1 grading scale
Key Dates 2016-17
View our key dates for English Language
Our GCSE (9-1) English Language specification has been accredited by Ofqual. The specification is available to teach in schools and colleges in England from September 2015.
GCSE (9-1) English Language Training Courses for Teachers
Here is a list of materials endorsed by WJEC to support the teaching and learning of this qualification.
- OUP English Language Student Book 1
- OUP English Language Student Book 2
- OUP Teacher Companion
- Hodder Student Book
- Hodder Textbooks
Here is a list of non-endorsed materials which you may also find beneficial.
- GCSE English Language Teacher Handbook
- Teacher ShareSpace
- Exemplar Materials
- 19th and 21st Century Non-Fiction Texts
- 20th Century Reading Resources
- Component 2 Support Materials
- Video: NATE Conference 2016
- Video: NATE Conference 2015
- Additional resources
- Text Tools Resource
- Ofqual - Awarding for 2017
- Creative Writing: Horror (KS3 Transition)
- Literacy Games (KS3 Transition)
- Animal Testing (KS3 Transition)
- The Invisible Man (KS3 Transition)
- Sentence construction (KS3 Transition)
- Approaches to Evaluation (KS3 Transition)
- Ofqual Grade Descriptors for GCSE 9-1 English Language
All Course Materials
We offer a range of materials to support the teaching and learning of this qualification.
Unseen poetry, understanding the 'rhyme and reason'
This summer, thousands of students across England will be presented with two pieces of unseen poetry and ...
Switching to us is easy
As a teacher delivering Ofqual reformed GCSE (9-1), AS and A level qualifications, have you ...
Explore new ways of teaching: thematic training events for English
We are pleased to be offering a series of thematic CPD training events specifically targeted to English ...
We are pleased to be sponsoring and attending the NATE Conference once again this year. Join us on the 23rd and 24th of June in Nottingham.