GCSE (9-1) English Literature
Co-teachability across GCSE English Language and GCSE English Literature with supporting co-teachability resource
A wide range of text choices to suit your particular classes
Our 'exploding extract' ("source-based") questions allow for a variety of teaching approaches
Question stems are straightforward and indicate the assessment objectives being assessed in each question
Interested in switching to Eduqas? Find out why Eduqas could be the right board for you
Latest news for GCSE English Literature
Online Exam Review (OER)
Exemplars from this summer's Eduqas GCSE English Language and English Literature exams are now available in Online Exam review.
Order a copy of our Poetry Anthology by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Key Dates 2017-18
View our key dates for English Literature
Ways into Shakespeare Series of linked resources exemplifying the techniques teachers may use to help students develop essay writing skills assessed in the Shakespeare section in Component 1.
Our GCSE (9-1) English Literature specification has been accredited by Ofqual. The specification is available to teach in schools and colleges in England from September 2015.
The sample assessment materials include exemplar question papers and mark schemes.
Training Courses for Teachers
Book your place on one of our teacher training to learn more about the specification and sample assessment materials including assessment objectives, examination structure and other key areas.
Courses are available all over the UK as well as online.Book now
Here is a list of materials endorsed by WJEC to support the teaching and learning of this qualification.
- OUP Student Book
- OUP Teacher Companion
- Hodder Student Book
- Hodder Teacher Book
- Hodder English Literature Teaching & Learning Resources
- Hodder English Literature Whiteboard eTextbook
- Hodder English Literature Student eTextbook
- Hodder English Literature Teacher Guide: An Inspector Calls
- Hodder English Literature Teacher Guide: A Christmas Carol
- Hodder English Literature Teacher Guide: Blood Brothers
- Hodder English Literature Teacher Guide: The Woman in Black
- Hodder English Literature Teacher Guide: Macbeth
- Hodder English Literature Teacher Guide: Romeo and Juliet
- Hodder English Literature Teacher Guide: Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde
- Hodder English Literature Teacher Guide: Lord of the Flies
- Co-teachability support
- GCSE English Literature Teacher Handbook
- Component 1 Section A: The Shakespeare Essay Question
- Component 1 Section A: The Shakespeare Extract Question
- Component 1 Section B: The Poetry Anthology
- Component 2 Section A: Post 1914 Prose Drama
- Component 2 Section B: 19th Century Prose
- Component 2 Section C: Unseen Poetry
- Teacher ShareSpace
- Digital Resource: Romantic Poetry
- Order Poetry Anthology
- Approaching the closed book exams
- Online Exam Review
- Video: NATE Conference 2017
- Text Tools Resource
- Nate 2015: Paul Henry and Jonathan Edwards
- Nate 2016: Tessa Hadley and Cynon Jones
- Exemplar Materials
- Eduqas Poetry Anthology Resources
- Approaches to the Shakespeare extract question
- Approaches to teaching unseen poetry
- Ways into Shakespeare
- Additional Digital Resources
All Course Materials
We offer a range of materials to support the teaching and learning of this qualification.
Inside English, our English blog
We are pleased to announce the launch of Inside English, our Eduqas English blog covering all qualification...
Congratulations to students collecting their GCSE results 2017
Today candidates across England, Wales and Northern Ireland will collect their GCSE results....
Everything you need for GCSE results
We have all the information you need for the upcoming GCSE results, whether you're a student, teacher or an...
A sample copy of the poetry anthology has been sent out to all centres who are currently with us. Copies of the Poetry Anthology can be ordered via the link below.
In your email, please state your centre name, centre number and the number of copies you require.