AS/A level Media Studies
Why choose WJEC Eduqas?
A choice of options for production
A choice of options for the set products/texts
Topics and products/texts chosen to appeal to students
Creative work which is central to the course
Unlimited access to free resources
Face-to-face CPD training courses
Latest news for AS/A Media Studies
Connect with teachers via our online networking map
The aim is to create an interactive map to support centres wishing to share experiences and ideas online and face-to-face. Sign up here
Summer 2019 Non-Exam Assessment Tasks
The Non-Examination Tasks for A-Level Media Studies for assessment in 2019 are now available on the Secure Website under Resources > Non-Exam Assessment Tasks. If you cannot see these menu options you will need to ask your exams officer for additional permissions.
AS Media Studies Indicative Content
The Indicative Content for Eduqas AS Media Studies is now available on the Secure Website under Resources > Non-Exam Assessment Tasks. If you cannot see these menu options you will need to ask your exams officer for additional permissions.
Please note This indicative content has been produced to guide teachers in their assessment of Component 3. It must remain confidential to teachers and must not be shared with candidates in any form.
We have created a FAQs document to answer your subject queries
Key Dates 2017-18
View our key dates for Media Studies
Additional AS Example Papers
Additional example papers for AS Media Studies Components 1 and 2 are now available on the secure website under Resources > Subject Specific Support Material > Eduqas AS Media Studies Example Exam Paper C1 / C2.
Summer 2018 AS Component 1 Resource Material Format
Exams Officers can access the confidential notification of the summer 2018 AS Component 1 Resource material on the secure website under Resources > Today's Question Papers.
Training Courses for Teachers
Book your place on one of our teacher training to learn more about the specification and sample assessment materials including assessment objectives, examination structure and other key areas.
Courses are available all over the UK as well as online.Book now
- A level Guidance for Teaching
- AS level Guidance for Teaching
- [Webinar] A Guide to the Specification
- Online Exam Review
- Eduqas Digital Resources website: Media Studies
- Fact sheets: Set Products for Component 1
- AS/A level Component 1 Sections A & B - Newspapers
- Component 2 Section A: Television in the Global Age - Life on Mars
- Component 2 Section A: Television in the Global Age - The Bridge
- Component 2 Section A: Television in the Global Age - No Burqas Behind Bars
- Component 2 Section A: Television in the Global Age - Humans
- Component 2 Section A: Television in the Global Age - The Jinx
- Component 2 Section A: Television in the Global Age - The Returned
- A level Component 2 Section B: Magazines – Mainstream and Alternative Media
- Set Products for Component 2 Section B - Magazines
- Component 2 Section C: Online Media - Forms
- A level Media Studies Course Planners
- A level Magazines
- GCE Sample outline scheme of work
- A level Media Studies Glossary
- BBC Sound Effects
All Course Materials
We offer a range of materials to support the teaching and learning of this qualification.
Next generation of young filmmakers recognised at Moving Image Awards
Talented young filmmakers have been recognised for their outstanding work at the fourth annual Moving Image...
Moving Image Awards 2017 – celebrating young UK filmmakers
The fourth Moving Image Awards will be held on Friday 12th January at the BFI Southbank in London to ...
And the nominees for the Moving Image Awards 2017 are….
We are delighted to announce the shortlist nominees for the Moving Image Awards 2017.