AS/A level English Language
Broad coverage of aspects of language study to meet the interests of all learners.
Promotes coherent pedagogical approach to delivering the specification.
Opportunities to apply knowledge of language levels across components.
Why switch to Eduqas for AS/A level English Language
Compare and contrast our AS/A level Specification with the other major examination boards and find out why Eduqas is the best choice for your studentCompare Specifications
Click here for the latest news for GCE English Language
Connect with teachers via our online networking map
The aim is to create an interactive map to support centres wishing to share experiences and ideas online and face-to-face. Sign up here
Step-by-step guide to switching to Eduqas
Compare and contrast the Eduqas specifications with the other major examination boards and find out why Eduqas is the right choice for your students.
Online Exam Review
Online Exam Review website. Here you will find a collection of interactive units that bring together a number of elements including general data, exam questions, their marking schemes and examiner comments, which will lead you through a review of exam questions.
Inside English Blog
The Inside English Blog will give subject-specific information as well as sharing teaching ideas, details of resources and ways to use them, and reflections from members of our English team.
Option Evening Handout
A printable handout created by our English Language team to share with students thinking of choosing AS/A Level English Language.
NEA support materials are now available within the Related Documents area.
Training Courses for Teachers
Our 2018 / 19 CPD programme is now live.
Book your place on one of our teacher training to learn more about the specification and sample assessment materials including assessment objectives, examination structure and other key areas.
Courses are available all over the UK as well as online.Book now
- A level English Language Teacher Handbook
- Online Exam Review
- Text Tools Resource
- Inside English Blog
- NATE 2018 – James Ball
- NATE 2017 – Maggie Gee
- NATE 2016 – Tessa Hadley
- NATE 2015 – Jonathan Edwards and Paul Henry
- NATE 2014 – Owen Sheers and Dannie Abse
- AS level Assessment Grids
- A level Assessment Grids
- Creative and critical writing - Obituaries
- Creative and critical writing - Opinions
- Creative and critical writing - Travel writing
- Creative and critical writing - Explanations
- Creative and critical writing - Reviews
- Original writing and commentary
- AS English Language, Components 1 and 2
- English in the 21st Century - Memes
- English in the 21st Century - Terminology
- English in the 21st Century - Websites
- English in the 21st Century - Text messaging
- English in the 21st Century - Email
- English in the 21st Century - Twitter
- English in the 21st century - Internet dating
- English in the 21st Century - Code switching
- Pragmatics: Teaching and Learning
- Phonetics, Phonology & Prosodics: Teaching & Learning
- Lexis and Semantics: Teaching and Learning
- Grammar: Teaching and Learning
- AS English language: Components 1 and 2
- Language Issues and Concepts
- Thinking about Language
- Standard and non-standard English
- Non-Examination Assessment: Teaching and Learning
- A level English language: Components 1 and 2
- Language change
- A/AS Level Language Variation
- Language and power: Component 1 Section B
- Language & situation across AS/A level English Language Components
- Language Levels targeting AO1, AO2 and AO3
- Concepts Issues - Targeting AO2
- Creative Use of Language - Targeting AO5 and AO3
All Course Materials
We offer a range of materials to support the teaching and learning of this qualification.
Top 5 reasons why you should get to know your Regional Representative this term
Catherine Oldham, Eduqas Regional Representative, explains why you should book a free visit to your school ...
WJEC Eduqas sponsors the 2018 NATE Conference
22 -24 June | Birmingham
We are pleased to be sponsoring the National Association for the Teaching ...
Switching to us in 3 easy steps
As a teacher delivering Ofqual reformed GCSE (9-1), AS and A level qualifications, have you considered ...
Online CPD Webinars
Click on the images below to gain access to our online CPD webinar recordings.
To view the webinars you will need:
- An up to date browser, such as Internet Explorer 8 (or later)
- Adobe Connect and an Adobe plug-in installed
- Use this link to download the software needed
(Please contact your IT Technician if you do not have the rights for your PC to install software)
AS English language, Components 1&2
Guidance for Non-Examination Assessment*
*Access to the WJEC secure website required
Once logged in please click on 'resoucres' and then 'Subject-Specific Support Material including CPD & Exemplars'
We are pleased to be sponsoring and attending the NATE Conference once again this year. Join us on the 23rd and 24th of June in Nottingham.