AS/A level Media Studies
Why choose WJEC Eduqas?
A choice of options for production
A choice of options for the set products/texts
Topics and products/texts chosen to appeal to students
Creative work which is central to the course
Unlimited access to free resources
Face-to-face CPD training courses
Latest news for AS/A Media Studies
Late Night Women's Hour Set Product
Please note that although the BBC website indicates that the episode is 28 minutes long, clicking 'download' will download the 45 minute version of the podcast which is the set product.
Component 3 NEA Coversheets
Please note that in light of the new GDPR requirements the Component 3 NEA coversheets have been updated. Please use the updated coversheets which are available under 'all course materials'.
Revision to the Eduqas AS (B680QS) and A level Media Studies (A680QS) specifications
In response to feedback from teachers and Exams Officers, we have made a minor amendment to the assessment of Component 1, Section A. In the Component 1 examination, across Section A as a whole, there will always be one unseen audio-visual resource and one unseen print-based resource; Question 1 will relate to the audio-visual resource and Question 2 will relate to the print-based resource.
A revised version of the specifications, Version 2 August 2018, can be found on the Eduqas website. The changes are detailed on page 22 of the A level specification and page 20 of the AS level specification.
The Big Issue
The Big Issue has kindly made a digital copy of the set edition available free of charge. The issue is available from the secure website under Resources > Subject Specific Support Material > Eduqas A Level Media Studies Set Products.
Please see your exams officer if you do not have access to the secure website or if you cannot find the resource.
Connect with teachers via our online networking map
The aim is to create an interactive map to support centres wishing to share experiences and ideas online and face-to-face. Sign up here
Summer 2019 Non-Exam Assessment Tasks
The Non-Examination Tasks for A-Level Media Studies for assessment in 2019 are now available on the Secure Website under Resources > Non-Exam Assessment Tasks. If you cannot see these menu options you will need to ask your exams officer for additional permissions.
We have created a FAQs document to answer your subject queries
Training Courses for Teachers
Our 2018 / 19 CPD programme is now live.
Book your place on one of our teacher training to learn more about the specification and sample assessment materials including assessment objectives, examination structure and other key areas.
Courses are available all over the UK as well as online.Book now
- A level Guidance for Teaching
- AS Guidance for Teaching
- Eduqas AS/A Component 3 NEA Briefs
- AS/A Level Component 1 Section A Set Products
- AS/A Level Component 2 Section B Set Products
- AS/A Level Component 1 Set Products: Fact Sheets
- AS/A Level Component 1 Sections A & B: Newspapers
- AS/A Component 1, Section B: Media Industries
- A Level Component 2 Section A: The Bridge
- A Level Component 2 Section A: The Returned
- A Level Component 2 Section A: No Burqas Behind Bars
- AS/A Level Component 2 Section A: Humans
- AS/A Level Component 2 Section A: Life on Mars
- AS/A Level Component 2 Section A: The Jinx
- AS/A Level Component 2 Section B Magazines
- AS/A Level Component 2 Section C: Online Media
- A Level Sample Scheme of Work (Extract from Guidance for Teaching)
- A Level Course Planner (Extract from Guidance for Teaching)
- AS/A Level Glossary (Extract from Guidance for Teaching)
- BBC Sound Effects
- Component 2 Section C: Online Media
- AS/A Level Components 1 and 2: Teaching Media Contexts
- AS/A Level Components 1 and 2: Theories and Theorists
- Online Exam Review
- AS/A Level Media Studies FAQS
All Course Materials
We offer a range of materials to support the teaching and learning of this qualification.
Top 5 reasons why you should get to know your Regional Representative this term
Catherine Oldham, Eduqas Regional Representative, explains why you should book a free visit to your school ...
Next generation of young filmmakers recognised at Moving Image Awards
Talented young filmmakers have been recognised for their outstanding work at the fourth annual Moving Image...
Moving Image Awards 2017 – celebrating young UK filmmakers
The fourth Moving Image Awards will be held on Friday 12th January at the BFI Southbank in London to ...