GCSE (9-1) Music
Interested in switching to Eduqas? Find out why Eduqas could be the right board for you.
This subject uses e-submission for the submission of candidate work to EDUQAS for moderated or assessed units/components. For more information and guidance on the process please visit the e-submission webpage
Why switch to Eduqas for GCSE Music?
Compare and contrast our GCSE Specification with the other major examination boards and find out why Eduqas is the best choice for your student
Latest news for GCSE Music
Connect with teachers via our online networking map
The aim is to create an interactive map to support centres wishing to share experiences and ideas online and face-to-face. Sign up here
Guidance on e-submissions
Latest Digital Resource
Component 3 Appraising – Area of Study 4: Popular Music Student work sheets and teacher sheets to support the appraising of popular music.
Here is a list of materials endorsed by WJEC to support the teaching and learning of this qualification.
Here is a list of non-endorsed materials which you may also find beneficial.
- Guidance for teaching
- Online Exam Review
- Class Performance Packs
- Listening Skills
- GCSE Appraising (Legacy specification areas of study)
- Practice questions
- Renaissance Recordings resources
- GCSE (9-1) Music Webinar Recording June 2016
- Ofqual Grade Descriptors for GCSE 9-1 Music
- Component 3 Appraising (Area of study 1)
- Component 3 Appraising (Area of study 2)
- Component 3 Appraising (Area of study 3)
- Component 3 Appraising (Area of study 4)
- [Webinar] Introduction to the new specification
- Composing in the 21st Century
- GCSE Eduqas Set Extract Analysis: Mozart and Rainbow [non-endorsed]
- TES - Helen Blythe Shop [non-endorsed]
- GCSE Music Keyword Activities [non-endorsed]
- Set Work: Handbags and Gladrags Listening Resource
- Set Work: Rondeau, Purcell Listening Resource
- Music Flowchart
- FAQ's Performing
All Course Materials
We offer a range of materials to support the teaching and learning of this qualification.
Top 5 reasons why you should get to know your Regional Representative this term
Catherine Oldham, Eduqas Regional Representative, explains why you should book a free visit to your school ...
Switching to us in 3 easy steps
As a teacher delivering Ofqual reformed GCSE (9-1), AS and A level qualifications, have you considered ...