This section provides information regarding e-assessment. Can't find what you're looking for? Email email@example.com for suggestion on how we can improve our e-Assessment area.
What is e-Assessment?
e-Assessment is an ICT system that allows the completion of marking of examinations on screen. For certain WJEC Eduqas subjects e-assessment is compulsory for others, it is optional.
Why consider e-Assessment?
For your students
- Being computer-based, some students my find e-assessments to be a more natural/comfortable way of working
- Online editing allows students to review and amend accordingly
- Reponses are always legible, this may help students whose handwriting are an obstacle to them
- Audio is delivered on an individual basis, reducing background distractions and allowing students to focus
- The software used has a number of colour option to help assist students with visual requirements
For your centre
- Access to a free bank of past papers
- Marked practice and mock tests. The software will automatically mark certain questions
- Simplified time management with the integrated countdown feature (including extra-time where required)
- Automated administration – the exams only become available at the scheduled time and date and scripts are automatically uploaded to us.
Getting started with e-Assessment
1. Check hardware requirements e-Assessments are administered using the SecureAssess platform. Our free SecureClient software will need to be installed on each of your PCs at your centre. Check that your PCs meet the hardware requirements.
2. Create your user accounts: Once you have checked the hardware requirements please complete and return the staff data spreadsheet, we'll then send you your log-in details.
3. Install the software: Once your accounts have been created, your IT team will be able to install the SecureClient software; you will then be able to schedule and run your practice tests, based on the past papers available. Currently, the use of the system is unlimited and is available to you all year round
Get in touch
Please contact our e-assessment team:
029 2026 5328 | firstname.lastname@example.org